Slip on one of your favorite flirty frocks, toss a little glitter on your décolleté (because you know glitter makes everything fabulous), call up your girlfriends and have an impromptu Sunday brunch.
Oh yeah, and don’t forget to serve the mimosas with this fabulous Brie and Cherry Chutney recipe courtesy of about.com!
Brie with Cherry Chutney
• 1/2 cup dried cherries
• 1 lb. dark sweet cherries, pitted and chopped
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and finely chopped
• 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
• 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 tsp. allspice
• 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 8 oz. wheel brie or camembert cheese
• Combine all ingredients except brie in heavy saucepan and stir to mix. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and cook gently for 45-50 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool at least one hour before serving.
• Heat brie in the microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds to one minute, or until softened. Pour 1 cup cherry chutney over brie and serve with crackers and French bread.
• You can also bake the brie at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until softened.